I hope y’all had a fantastic Christmas yesterday. Here in Texas, we had a lovely sunny Christmas with temperatures in the 70’s! I can’t remember ever spending a Christmas in shorts and a t-shirt before, but I’m not complaining. Since yesterday was Jesus’s Birthday, I figured today would be the perfect day to introduce you to my Jesus loving Texan buddy, Chelsy!
Chelsy is the voice behind the inspiring account Fit and Faithful . She runs races (and worked her butt off to qualify for the Boston Marathon this year! Yay!) while supporting her husband in his cycling adventures. Above all, she claims to be an imperfect person who is challenged daily to place her hope and self-worth in the hands of a limitless God. She believes God used running to save her from a life of self-doubt and a never-ending search for who she was. Through Christ and running, she says she knows who she is. She is “a runner chasing after earthly goals and the Heavenly prize.”
She is a beautiful woman and I hope you find something beautiful in her post today. 🙂
15 Encouraging Truths From 2015
By: Chelsy Cork
I began 2015 with a goal to journal and read my daily devotional every day. I really wanted
to grow in my relationship with Christ and know Him more deeply. I also love scribbling
prayers on pages then looking back to see how God has moved through my life to answer
them or lead me down His path.
Here are my 15 encouraging truths and thoughts from 2015.
- God knows more than us. His greatness is beyond our comprehension. His plans
for our life are far more than we can ever imagine.
2. “Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek his
will in all you do, and he will show you which path to take.”
3. His love is greater than any pain we feel. He is our rock.
4. “Yes. My soul, find rest in God: My hope comes from Him. I will not be shaken.”
5. Love as Jesus loved.
6. “Encourage one another and build each other up.”
1 Thessalonians 5:11
7. No matter what life throws at you, always look for the joy in it.
8. “Always be full of Joy in the Lord”
9. Don’t worry about what the future holds.
10. “Can all your worries add a single moment to your life?
11. His love for us is unfathomable.
12. “And may you have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how
long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ, though it is
too great to understand fully.”
13. Live with endurance.
14. “and let us run with endurance the race marked out for us.”
15. Joy. Patience. Prayer. This verse sums up my 2015 and may it encourage you for 2016.
“Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer.”
Comments are closed.