For our second day of the 15 from 2015 series I would like to introduce you to Angela. She is an ACSM Certified Clinical Exercise Physiologist and RRCA Running Coach, who has a love of all things running, yoga, and fitness. She like to experiment in the kitchen and share healthy recipes for the whole family. She is an amazing mama to 2 beautiful twins (who bounced back from pregnancy like a boss, and was running just 6 weeks later)! She’s the mama I hope one day to be. And she is the voice behind the inspirational blog and Instagram account @HappyFitMama.
15 things I learned from running in 2015
By: Angela Bekkala
- Running is hard.
- Running is a gift and a privilege.
- Just because you have a strong training period, doesn’t mean you’ll have a strong race.
- Anything can happen on race day.
- Running is for everyBODY.
- Running takes me places no other exercise can – both physically and mentally.
- Running makes me happy and sane.
- Running in sub zero temps can make you feel defeated and like a bad ass all at the same time.
- Running connects me to amazing people online and in my daily life.
- Running can make you lose your inhibitions.
- Running should never be taken for granted. I don’t have to do it. I get to do it.
- Running is inspirational.
- Running takes courage.
- Running makes me strong.
- Running makes me ME.
And here’s a quote on her blog that I found that I feel sums it up perfectly.
Best running advice you’ve received this year: “Remember why you run. It’s not for the PR’s. It’s not for the competition. It’s because the way it makes me feel about myself inside and out.”