There are so great running things out there that it’s hard to decide on a real ‘top favorites’ list. I wanted to add things like these laces locks, or this fabulous ‘run’ ring but I resisted the urge to make this list 20 items long. So here are a just few of my favorite things right now.
1. Texas Flag Running Shorts : Of course I have to represent the great state when I’m out running. It was especially fun when I was in Canada for the Ironman and everyone was screeming “Go Texas Go!”
2. Fuel Belt: These belts are so great for your long runs. I fill the pockets up with dates to snack on and the bottles with nuun hydration.
3. JayBird BlueBud Headphones: These are definitely my favorite headphones. They fit comfortably in your ears and you barely notice them when you run. They are Bluetooth so there is no annoying wire that is connected from your phone to your ears to get tangled. And as a bonus they are sweat proof, I definitely accidentally washed them in the washing machine once and they survived! Good as new!
4. Mizuno Wave Rider: These shoes carried me through my first marathon, ultra marathon, and then my first Ironman. So I don’t know how I could I be anything less than faithful too them. I actually decided to branch out this summer during my training and try a few different brands but ended up coming back to these for the race. My feet were happy I did.
5. Nuun Hydration: I drank these instead of gatorade. Nuun drink tabs taste great, and deliver a fast-absorbing electrolyte blend without the extra sugar of bottled sport drinks. Each tablet makes 16 oz. of Nuun, and delivers 360 mg Sodium / 100 mg Potassium / 25 mg Magnesium / 13 mg Calcium
6. ProCompression Socks: I personally love compression socks, though I know many people who don’t care for them. It’s just your personal preference. These are the ones I like. Aren’t the colors so fun?!
7. Road Id: This is just smart to have. You never know what could happen to you when you’re out there on the road by yourself. I’ve heard too man horror stories to not wear one. You can put your name 3 or for emergency contact numbers. They also have a bunch of fun “badges” you can add so people can see how awesome you are at running. I couldn’t resist this so I have the swim.bike.run and 140.6 badges.
8. Ruff Wear Leash: If you have a dog that you run with then you know it can get old to have to hold the leash the whole time you are running. This leash has an option to be ‘hands free.’ You just snap it around your waist and go. I’ve been training with Kona on this and so far she has been doing great!
What are your favorite running items right now? Comment below and share! Always looking for new things to try!