Texas weather is so bizarre. Saturday it was 80 degrees outside and I went biking with some friends wearing a tank top. Today, however, the school I teach at was cancelled because it was sleeting the night before and it’s 18 degrees. I mean really how did that happen? I wish it would just make up it’s mind and decide to be spring already. So instead I worked out inside with a friend, ate some of her delicious homemade scones, and then was of course inspired to come home and bake some more!
Ahh the chocolate chip cookie. The ultimate cookie in my opinion. I mean you really can’t ever go wrong there. And these chewy yet crumbly bites of bliss can appease all your diet restrictions.
Dunking cookies in milk always makes me nostalgic. These are even tastier dipped in my extra creamy homemade Cashew Hazelnut Milk! Yuuummm!
They are much tastier than they look in the pictures…I was in such a rush to devour them that I wasn’t paying attention to my poor picture quality. Anyways, here’s how to make these lovely little chocolate cookie bites.
Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies
that your vegan and paleo friends will love <3
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (or organic palm shortening)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1-2 Tbs maple syrup
- 1 egg replacement (or flax seed egg)
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 2 Tbs coconut flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ cup chocolate chips (I like to mix half of these enjoy life chips and half chopped up chocolate pieces from my > raw chocolate < recipe)
*heat oven to 350 degrees
1. Mix together the coconut oil, sugar, maple syrup, egg replacement, and vanilla until smooth.
2. Add the almond flour, coconut flour, baking soda, and sea salt and mix again until combined.
3. Stir in the chocolate chips by hand.
4. Scoop balls of dough on to a cookie sheet. You may want to flatten them a bit with the palm or your hand or a spatula to create the size and thickness you want before baking.
5. Bake for 9-12 minutes, until slightly golden around the edges.
**This recipe was inspired by and adapted from againstallgrain.com who had a fabulous cc cookie recipe that I doctored and “veganized” for you)**
What’s your favorite Cookie Recipe? Share a link in the comments below!