Here in Texas we don’t just say “kale” we say “kaaaeellleee.” We think it sounds much cooler that way.
This blog came about after I finished my first Ironman race. I with some dear friends, talking about the Ironman, when I realized that I had just accomplished the last goal I had set for myself. Someone then posed the question, “so, Angela, what are you going to do now?” And for the first time in my life I didn’t have something in front of me (aside from my job) that I was working to accomplish. Thus, with a lot of encouragement from friends, and extra motivational nudges and step-by-step help from the one and only Merrick, “Run Like Kale” was born one afternoon in a coffee shop with my ever so creative friend Megan. This is part of my new goal: to continue to learn and grow in the field of nutrition and fitness in order to write things that encourage and motivate others to go after their goals and do things that benefit their bodies.
“Run Like Kale” is a place to share my passion for all things fitness, nutritious&delicious, and good for your body. My hope is that through this blog you will be inspired to go out and do something good for your body. Don’t be afraid to chase those dreams. I chose this name because I believe the ‘run’ encompasses the fitness aspect of the blog and the ‘kale’ stands for the nutrition portion. Altogether is a phrase for something I strongly believe in and something you will probably here me say a lot, “set a goal for yourself, and whatever it is ‘run like kale’ after it.”
Here at “Run Like Kale” we are passionate about health, fitness, and of course good wholesome food! On this blog, you’ll find some of my thoughts on health and wellness, tips for eating right, training, and simple ways to better your body!
I don’t claim to know all the answers, or the perfect way to eat and exercise. I just do what works for my body, and I hope it will help you out in some way. I encourage you to seek out answers for yourself as well. Our lifestyles and bodies vary and may require different things. Consider that as you read through my blog and find out what works best for you. My personal thoughts and habits have transformed significantly over the years, and I am sure it will continue to change as I grow and learn more about the myriads of health and nutrition ideas out there, old and new.
As for now though, here is what I believe…
- I believe in challenging your body.
- I believe in exercise.
- I believe in good, clean, organic, unprocessed foods.
- I believe in green things (especially kale and especially in the juice or smoothie form).
- I believe in the power of fruits and veggies.
- I believe your body can rid itself of diseases and problems with the proper nutrition.
- I believe our bodies are a temple and we should treat it as such and take care of it.
- I believe in eating foods as close to their natural state as possible.
- I believe in the joy that comes from taking care of yourself.
- I believe in spending time with family and friends.
- I believe in having quiet time alone.
- I believe in drinking lots of water and green tea,
- But I also believe there’s nothing wrong with a little coffee.
- I believe change is good and healthy.
- I believe in balance.
- I believe “new years resolutions” are for any day not just January 1st.
- I believe in setting goals and to actually run like kale after them and do what you set out to do.
- I believe we all have a purpose and calling on our lives.
- I believe in you and your ability to set your own path for your life.
*I found this on google images, and I don’t know where exactly this image came from or who created it, but I think it is totally awesome!